Using flashcards is a popular way to learn new terms or a foreign language. By reviewing the flashcards over and over again, the information becomes ingrained in your memory so you won’t forget it.
Here are 6 online flashcard-creation tools that let you create your own flashcards, or learn from a pre-existing set of cards:
- StudyBlue is a free study app for iPhone and Android. You can learn pre-existing flashcards or make your own. The app tracks your progress and remembers which terms you have already mastered and which ones still need to be reviewed. Your flashcards can include text, images, and audio, and you can convert the information into quizzes or review sheets. You can also join together with classmates or study partners to review together online.
- With its clean, straightforward interface, Quizlet lets you not only go through the flash cards, but also practice spelling the words upon hearing them pronounced, take a test, or play scatter or space race.
- Examtime has a wealth of features, including flashcards, mindmaps, quizzes, notes, groups, and a study planner. Each deck of flashcards is displayed in a pretty cool 3D style.
- StudyStack offers pre-existing flashcards or you can create your own. StudyStack can also automatically create a wide range of different games to help you study, including matching, hangman, crossword, fill-in-the-blanks, quizzes, tests, bug match, hungry bug, unscramble, chopped, and targets.
- QuizMeOnline is a social networking site for students. The site offers flashcard creation as well as quiz creation, note-taking, Hangman and CatchME.
- BrainFlips has more kid-friendly, colorful interface. Flashcards can be viewed in Introduction, Traditional, or Response modes, depending on whether you want to learn the terms for the first time, review the terms, or test yourself. A scoreboard on the side keeps track of time and how many cards you got right or wrong. You can add text, images, audio, or video to the cards.
We hope you’ll find these tools helpful and can use them to improve your study habits. Which tool is your favorite?